Games of chance are games where chance is the key to success and money is required to play. Gambling includes lotteries, betting (sports betting, horse betting), casino games such as slots, roulette, poker and blackjack. The influence of chance can be very different in these games. In roulette or lotto, for example, the outcome depends solely on chance, while in poker and blackjack decisions of the players influence the outcome.
Almost all games are also offered online as an online game today. Certain games of chance are socially less accepted than others (eg playing at ATMs), other forms of gambling enjoy high acceptance in society, such as lotto.
More about this under gambling types
The likelihood of being struck by an airplane during a lightning strike or in the course of its life is higher than winning a six in the lottery. Then s128 comes with all the supports now.
The economic benefits of gambling are offset by social costs arising from problematic or pathological gambling behavior. They are estimated at at least 545 million francs annually . These include, for example, costs related to lost work, treatments and lawsuits in procurement offenses and divorces. In addition, sufferers must accept negative effects in the form of indebtedness, gambling assets and impaired quality of life.
What makes gambling so captivating?
Certain mechanisms trigger adrenaline, while others trigger fast gains. More information …
There are many myths and false assumptions about gambling.
Did you know?
- People who gamble are more courageous and adventurous than people who never gamble.
- In every game of chance there are game strategies that can help you make a profit.
- If a person has a winning streak, they should increase the stakes.
- To win, a person must be familiar with the game.
- If a person has not won for a long time, the likelihood that a bigger prize is waiting for them increases.
- Sometimes a person simply knows that they will be lucky.
- If you do not dare, you will not win.
Although all these statements are not or only partially true, many players believe in it. But chance has no memory and in the end the player always loses. Overall, more money is spent than winnings are paid out.